Miley Cyrus has been all the rage these days with her
provocative reinvented image; however, this entry won’t be about her. Now that
I’ve got your attention, this blog is actually about tools (and I’m not talking
about your ex-boyfriend either). I’m talking about jewelry making tools.
I mostly do wire jewelry. Everyone needs a hobby, something
to help de-stresses, something fun to do in your free time. Jewelry making does
that for me. My hobby began about 6 months ago where all great things begin—Pinterest.
I was browsing pictures of my first love (nail art) when I looked over at my
jewelry and decided I needed a better way to organize it. One picture led to
another and before I knew it I was looking at pictures of handmade jewelry.
I came home with this kit and three different colors of
wire.
So
far I have made use of four of the tools. The bent-nosed pliers (dark purple)
are great for working in tight spaces. They help hold one end while closing
jump rings, which are used to hold different components of jewelry together.
Needle-nosed pliers (blue) are used for similar purposes yet they don’t have
the curvature at the end.
Here
is the first piece of jewelry I made simply out of chain and ribbon.
Then
I made this wire bow bracelet by attaching it to chain.
Afterwards
I made this necklace by painting washers with nail polish. Combining hobbies
for the win! I also used wire to link the washers and chain. It got pretty
scratched up but I’m still proud of my work.
Lastly,
I made this bracelet out of wire, chain, and beads.
So,
now you know about some of the tools used for one of the types of jewelry
making. Don’t be like Miley, use the right tool for your purpose (unless your
purpose is to be a weirdo, in which case go ahead and lick a hammer!) So go on.
Get inspired, de-stress and keep on making jewelry.








No comments:
Post a Comment