If there’s anything that I can’t stand more than chocolate, it
would be a bully. I never understood their logic. Nine times out of ten, they
are way bigger than the person they are picking on. Where’s the challenge? We
already know you can beat up someone half your size. It’s like they have nothing
else to do with their lives and clearly desire attention. I think they just
need a good ass whooping.
“Bullying is unwanted aggressive behavior
among school aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance” (stopbullying.gov).
The most common ways of bullying are cyber bullying, verbal bullying, physical
bullying, and indirect bullying (makebeatsnotbeatdowns.org).
Usually kids that bully others are
the ones that have fucked up homes so they take it out on the world, kids that
have been bullied before – So hypocritical because I’m positive they didn't
like being bullied, and we have the bullies that get their head pumped up by impaired,
ignorant individuals that are scared themselves so they would rather make the
bully their friend instead of their enemy.
I hated being in school watching
someone get bullied. I remember one of my friends named Jayda was getting
bullied by a girl that didn’t like me, for what reason I still don’t know to
this day. I wasn’t in the same class as them, but I remember hearing the
stories of Jayda crying in class and everyone just sitting there laughing. Of
course it was over the bully’s boyfriend who liked Jayda – Don’t you just hate
girls? Instead of being mad at her boyfriend for cheating, she bullies Jayda.
Ughh! This was an everyday thing for my friend. She would get tripped in the
hallway, talked about, the girl even pushed/bumped her! It was getting to a
point that people wanted to say something, but didn’t. They would just talk
about how stupid it was AFTER the bully was gone.
My thing is, why do people just sit
around and watch a person get bullied, or sit there and talk shit quietly about
oh how horrible it is? I feel like if ONE – not a group, not a gang, not a mob –
just ONE person would stand up and help, maybe we wouldn’t have to worry about
kids shooting our schools down, or hanging themselves at night. Bullying is
becoming a major problem in America and is the leading cause of suicide,
student dropouts, and school shootings.
I felt so bad for my friend, but
then I asked her, “Why don’t you stick up for yourself or tell somebody??” She
didn’t want to fight, and the girl was so big compared to her, she knew she wasn’t
going to win – She really was a big bitch. It was understandable. Later on in
the year the girl tried the same thing with me. The only difference was she
would only talk about me when I wasn’t around, and she never put her hands on me in
school like she did Jayda. I know the reason she didn’t try me like she did
Jayda was because she knew I wouldn’t just sit there. I would defend myself. The
bully ended up getting pumped up by her friends, so she decided to come to my
house and fight me. She brought an entourage to my house so they can watch me “get
the hell beat out of me”. Let’s just say, that day was the bully’s most
embarrassing day of her high school career, and she never messed with me or my
friend again. She’s friendlier to me now more than ever.
After that day I was like a hero to
everyone she had bullied. Even the bully’s friends were trying to be my friend
after the incident. Sometimes children need help learning how to respond to
bullying. Majority of the time, a bully is picking on kids they know won’t
defend themselves. Kids who defend actively comfort the child being bullied and
may come to the child’s defense when bullying occurs (makebeatsnotbeatdowns.org). More kids need to stand
up and help instead of being an audience.





I think your blog post was awesome! You showed a lot of your personality and were informal while also getting your point across and backing it up with facts and stories. I totally get where you're coming from. People are so hypocritical and bitchy and mean to others and its just so wrong, and just straight up dumb. I don't understand people and I never will! It's awesome that you kicked that bully's ass though!! Great job on the post :)
ReplyDeleteFirst off, good for you on standing up to the bully! I personally can not stand anyone who bullies another individual. Some people say that not everyone can be friends with each other but if anything that doesn't mean you cant be civil.
ReplyDelete