Friday, November 8, 2013

"Sharing is Caring"


How do most Americans get their music? Do they buy it legally or download it illegally? 
How much music have you illegally downloaded? Many people these days download most of their music illegally from different websites that provide it for them. Some may even buy it from others who are selling it illegally to them on blank CD-ROMS they buy themselves. Others may use websites that can transfer YouTube video link files into MP3 files to listen to at their own will. Today's music industry is different because the younger generation doesn't actually go out and buy albums unlike people in the generations before them did. This causes many people who are involved in creating, marketing, and selling the different artist music to take a loss in money for people's lack of financial support. Even though some say that the "pirates" of the music industry are actually helping the sales for these companies.

Music piracy is not a good thing for artist because it takes away from the artist money, but not just their money; the record labels money. This is because with the money they make off of the sells of their albums they need to pay back all cost of making the album. So this puts many artist and record label companies in debt. This is sometimes why artist disappear, video budgets are low, and tours are stopped. I didn’t realize how important it was until I watched the CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story movie and they broke it down how much money you owe the record companies. They spend a lot of money on artist in advance of them even selling an album. They do this because their intentions are the artist selling enough albums to pay back the company.
Music piracy is describe as the copying and distributing of copies of a piece of music for which the composer, recording artist, or copyright-holding record company did not give consent. They break down what piracy is, how much its on the street, and how to report it here. This site is the RIAA and the represent music; they lookout for people who are stealing and try to catch them.

Of course I’ve been a user of piracy and I’m sure you reading this blog have too. I feel bad for all the music I have stole now since seeing the CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story because the expenses of paying back the record company are ridiculous and they need our money to buy it. When I say our money I mean the money used to purchase an album. You should always try to help the artist out because you want you paychecks from your 9 to 5 jobs, so why cut their paychecks for their 12am-11: 59pm jobs sometimes. In the analysis you will see why you should buy music because the videos and pictures to describe what is going on break down the aspect of how the record company’s work.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%. How do you expect artists to continue making music if they're not receiving any kind of income from it? I don't think a lot of people remember that this is their job, so if they're making no money from it they'll have to make it somewhere else.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_oAplHmZEA

    ReplyDelete